Tuesday 6 March 2012

Dance Intensive-Day Two

Body feels exhausted today physically. The majority of my bones and muscles feel sore and stiff, in particular my back and arms. I do a normal warm up which helps to loosen up most of the muscles in particular the back bone and hip socket. On a more positive note, I feel a lot more relaxed and confident about the day ahead in terms of dancing and what challenges will be thrown at us.

Working with Julia we use certain techniques to warm-up and loosen the arms and hands. I feel that my hands are already relaxed but with my eyes closed I gain a greater sense of where the bones all connect up and how they move independently of each other. The wringing out of the arm helped to loosen it up a bit and make movement a lot easier. My arms felt longer after it and I had a stronger image of the separate parts of the arm-shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, palms, fingers, thumb etc


River

Felt myself thinking about the next move too much rather than just being in the moment.

Used my arms to take me through space

In comparison to playing with the feet, the hands feel a lot more inadequate

Played with the idea of giving weight and travelling

Reflecting other people’s movement helped me to be more creative and challenged my movement vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment