Tuesday 6 March 2012

Partner Work

In comparison to last year I noticed that I automatically gave my weight to my partner more easily and freely than I would have done before. I think this is partly due to knowing the group and my partner as an individual a lot more and as a result I had a greater sense of trust. I also feel more confident with the knowledge and information that I have on my hip injury. I knew that even though my partner had my weight and was moving the hip, I still had some control over the rotation.

On my right leg, it felt as though my partner was moving quite quickly and that my hip was taking a bit more time to make a full rotation. In contrast the left leg could rotate fully and at a quicker pace. My partner commented on how she was surprised at the range of movement I had in my hip, as she had expected it to be quite stiff. I think the hip was quite free as a result of doing some physio exercises the night before and as a result my hips had remained free and open.

When my partner helped me move in space I noticed how dependent I have become on my skull to lead me in space, when in reality my pelvis can do the same job too, just as effectively. I also noticed how important the pelvis is and how strong it has to be when helping to aid my transition from lying and rolling on the ground to sitting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment